Search topics on this blog

Friday 2 March 2012

Jim Murphy looks foolish on who leads for Labour on the Union – “BBC will pick the Labour Leader for the referendum debate”

Even by Murphys' standards, this was a bummer. "The BBC will pick the Labour Leader for the referendum debate" Goad help us a' ...

His persona, one of slimy charm coupled uneasily with old-guard Scottish Labour bluster fails miserably, as it did in the lead-up to Scottish Labour's 2011 disaster at the polls. I wish he would lead the anti-independence campaign.

Some media commentators refer to Murphy as a Labour 'big beast'. He reminds me of the sad, mangy lion in the old Wilson’s Oswald Street Zoo in Glasgow when I was a child. Wilson's Zoo

Big beast my ****. I almost prefer the unctuous, pompous Douglas Alexander. At least wee Dougie has some intellectual candlepower flaming between his ears.

4 comments:

  1. Ah Peter the mangy lion in Wilson's Zoo. I only went there once and I felt sorry for all the beasts! I can't say I would feel the same for Murphy! And I agree let's see him lead it - that would be 'worth it's weight'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another 5.27 minutes out of my life listening to Murphy yet again evading questions. What value does he offer in any way or form?

    So the debaters will be hand-picked by the BBC - oh, really? Is that how it's done and will be done!

    What a plonker, he doesn't know that he's just blown their so-cosy collusive relationship.

    But, when pressed - it seems the debate will be between the leaders of the three unionist parties in Scotland against the single independence voice.

    So we'll be thrilled to the performance of Lamont, Rennie and Davidson over the next two years, will we! If pigs could fly! Oh, not to forget that Jim "I'll be there, to give my support of course" Murphy, will make all the difference.

    Looks like we're stuffed then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Labour Party in Scotland has left us with not one fit person to be First Minister of Scotland -The only people right now fit to run Scotland are the NATS--They the Labour have treated us Scots with disrespect really they have -basically Alex Salmond is streaks ahead--not just personality -but politically and if Labour think Scots are going to continue to vote blindly for the Labour party They have got it badly wrong- I, a life long Labour supporter-have given up along with many, and have joined SNP -first time in my life to join a party-because where are all the so called Labour people interested in Scotland --seems right now they are all in Westminster cosying up to the tories etc -in an attempt to look after their own careers .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always thought Murphy is Labour's strongest asset, but he does seem like he can't be arsed there. Even pronounced "Lamont" the Miliband way.

    ReplyDelete